So, someone ended up looking at my site because of 1080 The Fan's most recent advertising blitz.
Dan Patrick, as I've discussed, is leaving ESPN to go on to "greener" pastures. In response, The Fan is running a gag ad discussing the "rumors" that Primetime host Isaac Ropp (who's only been at the helm of the show for about a year) is being contacted by ESPN to replace Patrick.
As much as I like Ropp, that's pretty preposterous. But someone bought it. They checked my site out as a result of this Yahoo! search.
Which is just silly. You can convince people of anything. If it's on the radio, it must be true. But, hey, thanks for visiting!
By the way, Bear Grylls is by far the biggest driver of hits here right now. Most people coming here are doing so while either looking for comparisons of him with Survivorman, or else to read about his scandalous occasional hotel-stays and show scene-stagings.
It has not escaped my notice that, while there is a new Survivorman on my Comcast OnDemand, there are no Man vs. Wild's there right now. I'm hoping that's not indicative of the future. But, as I was desperate for some outdoorsy overcoming-mother-nature action last night, I was forced to watch the Survivorman "Plane Crash" episode. In it, Les Stroud is abandoned in the deep cold of Northern Canada with a plane wreck and attempts to survive and (surprise) even escape. By escape, I mean he stays in one place for 5 days before finally trying to get out.
Les is a dork. He decided to simulate an arm injury, as a person in a plane crash would be injured. Of course, it gets to hard to survive with only one arm, so he abandons that.
Also, he takes an axe with him. "You won't get me out in the deep north without one," he says. Because, yeah, all plane passengers remember to pack an axe, and the TSA lets them through.
He makes rabbit snares (much like Bear did on one of his shows a couple of weeks ago) and even manages to catch a rabbit, which shocked me because, generally, he fails at all attempts at foraging. On day 6, he finally starts hiking out, and ends up having to be rescued by his crew. I guarantee you, if Bear Grylls was out there, he would've hiked to safety by day 4. And that's why Survivorman's an a-hole.
Discovery, bring me more Man vs. Wild. And, Comcast, update your OnDemand so I can watch a guy who won't force me to hear his damned harmonica in exchange for marginal survival tips.
Thanks.
July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment