October 27, 2007

Sam Adams Boycott: The Weekend

Today I'm drinking beer. If plans go my way, I'll have a few. That'll compliment the few I had to celebrate the end of the week yesterday.

Yesterday, on Day 4 or the Boycott, I had some Bridgeport Blue Heron Pale Ale.

Today, I'll have some Hammerhead from McMenamins.

By the way, when the Boycott ends, when Sam Adams Beer does the right thing, I'll buy a sixer of that swill and drink it. Not all at once, but I will reward the corporation for doing the right thing.

Another by the way: Sam Adams Beer has brewed blends named after various patriots, including our first president, George Washington. Given their celebration of political types, they should feel honored to have a candidate, whom they were named after (if not in spirit, in time) who is doing his patriotic duty of serving his community (whether you agree with his politics or not, public service is, in and of itself, a noble quality). They should feel embiggened that Sam Adams, the candidate, is running for mayor of Portland, and they should do their part to support such endeavors, instead of quashing them.

Boston Brewing, and Sam Adams Beer, I call on you to honor America, and honor our political process, and honor the spirits of the very Founding Fathers whose names you yourselves take advantage of for your own pocketbooks. Cease and desist your ridiculous demands of Mark and Dave and Sam Adams to do the same. Immediately.

No comments: