So, a bar fight, a broken arm, and a Blazer in the mix. What else is new?
So little, and yet so much. In a town where the Jailblazer name became a standard part of the lexicon (although most of us have managed to rip it out of our dictionary in the last year or two), news that a Portland Trail Blazer was in the midst of a bar fight is almost old.
Being that I've often talked about how Darius Miles, the Blazer in question, is a general piece, and how I want him gone, and how I think he's the last bad apple in the ol' rotten barrel, I'll note that this news story is exceptional mostly for how little it convinces me that Darius has done anything wrong.
In a bar, during a bar fight? For shame!!!
Now, I've had my issues in the past with Darius and bars and fights. Of course, those were strip clubs and fights that he had a less-tenuous connection with. But for heaven's sakes, people, this is a fight in a sports bar, where the only incriminating evidence is that Darius was there. It would be easy to jump the gun, but for the fact that I've been to sports bars where I've seen fights break out, and I wasn't involved.
Darius has hired an attorney, Steven Houze, which is setting off bells at Bojack, but means nothing to me. In these days, and given his reputation, hiring an attorney is a good idea, even if it's bad PR. I figure that, given Darius' a-holery in the past and his obvious knack for drawing unwelcome attention, a finger or two may end up getting pointed his way, and he very well may end up being some sort of person of interest. Being ready for that isn't a bad idea.
I don't know why PPB is making such a point of throwing dirt at Darius, other than he's an easy target. I still don't like him, and I still think he needs to go, but in this case I'm holding judgment until there's an actual finger pointing at him regarding some actual misconduct.
October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
First, there was no broken arm. Second, this person is just trying to get his name in the paper. You know it is hard to remember the truth when all you can think about is the man taller than 6'5" hovering over the crowd. Maybe Darius ignored this person, maybe Darius was talking to some hottie, who knows, but I say if you are going to blame someone for your injury better have more than just you to back it up. Remember alcohol and eyewitness don't mix
Post a Comment