The Faded Youth Blog (which is of marginal value and I won't vouch for its accuracy) reports that OJ Simpson's bail has been set at $125k. Not all that exciting.
FYB goes on to say that "The best part of this? Should Simpson actually have the cash to fork for bail, it would immediately to forwarded to the Goldman and Brown families as part of the civil suit restitution that ordered the double murderer to pay a total of $33.5 million in damages."
I don't buy the implied notion that Simpson couldn't make bail. His attorney (in the Yahoo.com article linked by FYB) noted that arrangements had already been made to get the bail paid. Of course, anyone can pay your bail, so the mere fact that OJ probably can't afford it doesn't mean he'll stay in.
Of course, anyone paying OJ's bail has to trust that he'll actually not violate it, or else they're out $125k. Would I trust OJ? No. He has to know that not all DA's are Marcia Clark, not all judges are Lance Ito, and not all juries are willing to believe that you didn't do it (hell, only one-half of the juries that considered whether he murdered Nicole and Ron bought OJ's lies). OJ's going down, I predict. And I'm pretty damn happy about it.
I figure that the defense in this case will be "I went into the room armed, on a sting operation, to confront Nicole's real killer." I wonder how many people would buy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment