September 14, 2007

OJ Simpson: Class Personified



I know, I know, "innocent until proven guilty."

But as a much-avowed OJ-despiser, I feel the need to pile on when able.

OJ Simpson, allegedly, is now not only a wife-and-waiter-murderer, but is now an armed casino robber as well (allegedly).

Of course, he denies any involvement and the whole thing's still in the "we have to qualify everything in this post by saying 'allegedly'" stage, but apparently Las Vegas PD is investigating and armed breaking-into of a casino hotel room, where (per the alleged victim) Simpson was "retrieving" sports memorabilia that he later told police had been stolen from him. Simpson went on to tell the Associated Press that he was conducting a "sting operation." I wonder if he meant "stab."

The auction house owner who Simpson claims was working with him isn't returning press calls. It's interesting that Simpson would claim that the alleged victim called the police to report the break-in if the stuff being stolen was actually Simpson's in the first place. Because, you know, if I'm a thief I'm naturally going to call attention to my thieving by telling the police when the property's real owner has come to claim it.

And, of course, there's the whole part where Simpson auctioned off his sports memorabilia to pay off part of the $33.5 million dollar judgment levied against him by a jury which found him responsible for the nigh-decapitation of Nicole Brown Simpson and the uber-shivving of waiter Ron Goldman.

It will be interesting to see what happens here next. This, however, only supports my general gut feeling that OJ Simpson is the world's biggest a-hole.

No comments: