October 01, 2005

What's happened to me?

I used to love blogging. I carved out a niche of time everyday to do so.

Now, getting a blog out of me is like pulling teeth.

Other bloggers, have you dealt with this? How did you get through it?

I think for me, getting near-dooced had a real chilling effect. Also, with many things eating up my time (work, of course, as well as obedience classes for puppy, various pre-baby preparations, and the new TV season), I just don't have (or don't feel like making) the time to write.

I love writing. But I don't want to write if I don't have anything to say.

Hmm. My life is no more or less interesting than it was back in the days of my old blog. I just don't have the passion to write right now that I once did.

Don't worry. I'm not folding up the tent or anything like that. Just looking for inspiration. Anyone got some they can share?

3 comments:

Denise said...

I think it's just normal that life gets in the way sometimes. Most people who can blog everyday work from home, don't work, or have a job that allows them to blog while they're at work.

You obviously aren't any of those.

I go through times like that - just went through one. One suggestion is just write about what you're going through personally - just day to day junk. It may seem uninteresting to you - but I think that is what blogging is all about.

Personally, I think it would be great to have a man's perspective of the whole 9th month of having a baby and the first few months of baby at home. I'm sure it's been blogged before, but I haven't read it.

Anyway - just wanted to let you know that it happens to me, too, and I'll stop for a while and then sooner or later I'll miss it and be right back at it.

Betsy said...

Yeah, make stuff up. Or post the minutiae. Sooner or later, something will catch hold while you're doing both of those things...

Rusty said...

Hmm. Making stuff up just seems wrong. What's a blog if you can't be honest?

And the minutiae is just that--minutiae. Not worthy of wasting people's time.

Ugh.