Promises broken. I strongly indicated yesterday that I'd be posting on the experiences of an expectant father.
That was before I was out too late with some friends.
One of the things I've been experiencing (other than the unsightly sympathy weight gain) has been the onset of sleepiness at earlier hours. I suppose this has to do with the constant state of anticipation (did I just feel my phone vibrate? Is this the call?!? ARGH, I CAN'T FIND MY PHONE!!!) coupled with the near continuous stream of last minute little chores that need to get done prior to bringing a new person into your house (last night, it was cleaning out baby's closet; the day before it was installing some decorative shelving and setting up the baby monitor).
Anyway, sleep comes quickly, ends too soon, and in general I just feel like a slug. At work, I feel like a short-timer, not wanting to get into any projects in case my wife suddenly bursts. At home, I feel my wife's anticipation (read: fear) as the prospect of passing a person out of a place that people usually don't come out of, and all the accompanying discomfort and aftermath and all.
All this to say that I'm sleepy. Maybe I'll throw something together during my lunch break tomorrow, assuming nothing is going on...
By the way, a sneak peak at the jack-o-lantern that will be out this Halloween:


4 comments:
You do know that is one of the scariest jack-o-lanterns I have ever seen. If you need further proof, just ask my dad, he had two girls.
Maybe you'll have a Halloween Baby...how cool would that be?
Anxiously waiting...
Just think...
STELLAWEEN! I'm actually pulling for it...
Could be a commentary on how chubby I've become in the last couple of months.
More likely a piece of our baby prep; once our daughter's emerged from her momma's tum-tum, we can put this out on our porch!
Post a Comment