I've been catching up on my Hollywood gossip today, and it's starting to piss me off.
(No links for any of this, by the way...in a hurry to blurt my mind).
Kate Hudson leaving her husband (and ruining the family structure for her son) to get it on with You, Me, and Dupree co-star Owen Wilson (and, if you track down the article in Us Weekly's website, you can see the "good, her current husband's too ugly" for her reactions of modern America).
Lindsay Lohan confessing her love/hate relationship with the paparazzi (I don't like them, but I miss them when they're gone because it means noone cares) and just generally being a skank attention-whore.
Paris Hilton, and most anyone else who feels mildy famous, clogging the world up with their multi-media assault to sop up our precious, too-easily wasted dollars (for Paris, it's with a crappy CD; for Jessica Simpson, it's with a crappy clothing line; for Britney Spears, it's crappy perfume).
The whole Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes attention-grab sham-engagement baby thing.
It all makes me sick. I have to raise a daughter in this world, and though my wife and I will be actively working to instill her with good morals and a strong character, this is the bullshit we have to contend with. And its everywhere.
Makes me want to move to Montana in a shack, and live Unibomber style, lamenting the rise of the media and the information super-highway and plotting for the destruction of our morally bankrupt, corrupt society.
And that's just the culture. Then there's the political world, the military situation, the national debt, the new American monarchy. It all just brings me down.
Which is not to say that I'm out. Been on a long hiatus from blogging in general. But that's about to come to a close.
Why?
Leaving my current employer, which will allow me to open up again. Hell, the old blog might even make a reappearance (I may have lied about the extent of its banishment; in fact, if you look in the right place, you can still find it hidden out there but very much alive...).
Anyway, hiatus will continue across the board until August 25th, which will be the start of my new freedom. Until then, just too swamped...
August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
My husband wants us to move to Wyoming and live in a log cabin away from the general public.
Great minds think alike!
Post a Comment