August 03, 2005

About your host:

Since I'm sorta the new kid on the block, I thought I should tell you a little about the guy who's writing this drivel.

Here are the facts:
  • I am a male.
  • I am 30-something.
  • Generally, I'm nice.
  • I try very hard to amuse people.
  • I love to write.
  • I blog just to see myself think.
  • I generally try to do the right thing.
  • I'm not here to be confrontational.
  • I love sushi.
  • Jesus is my friend.
For some, this list of facts may lack the desired specificity to give you a reason to believe I'm worthwhile. That's fine.

I used to blog, in another life, about a great many things. That was until one day, in a near-dooce-ing, I was told by a kindly benefactor that being a blogger wasn't doing my career any good. I wasn't fired, I wasn't ordered to stop. I just learned through subtlety what I already suspected: unchecked, my blogging would destroy me.

So, that blog is long-gone, never to return. I have withdrawn any real identifying information from the web. As a symbol of my foolish pride, though, I have kept the old stat counter, which ticks away where the old one left off.

So that I might continue to scintillate with my various opinions, I shall not give you any reason to think that I'm justified to have any opinion on anything. Either you agree with me or not. I don't think qualifying myself is needed, and indeed it my be detrimental to my medium. I don't care to tell you how long I've been in Portland, what sort of political leanings I may have, what I do to pass the time, which parts of town I frequent, or whatever. Over time you may gather some of this, but for sure I won't be discussing my work.

Anyhow, just wanted to get the ball rolling with that.

Blog's away!

No comments: