August 09, 2005

Breaking my silence

Where've I been hiding? Out and about. Here and there.

How've I been passing my time? Many ways.

Picking peaches.

Eating excellent peach baked goods prepared by Betsy. Dee-lish!

Walking my dog. Alot.

Painting the nursery.

Travelling.

Travelling? Yeah, that's right. I've been around town and around the region.

A couple of weekends ago, my church's college group (which I spend some of my time and energy on) went to Cottonwood Beach near Washougal. Here are a couple of nice pictures from the day.




Fun, fun, fun. I spent the day getting a nice tan and cooking hot dogs for the kids. Good times.

Last weekend, I went up to Seattle for a college friend's "deck-warming." His new deck was beautiful. The next day, my wife and I went to Pike Street Market and she was able to finally satisfy her recent craving for honey sticks (she bought 30, which lasted a week).

On the way back, Mt. Adams was soooo beautiful. I'd never seen it so big, or so clear, on the commute.


Of course, this picture doesn't really do it justice. Oh, well.

This weekend, it was all about painting. We spent Friday priming our nursery, getting it ready for the baby-to-be. Saturday, we let it dry. Sunday, we put up color samples to see what we liked, then got some paint. Last night, the first coat went up.

Painting is not fun. Although you feel like you're doing something, painting a wall is not for an artist. It's best done quickly, with a solid treat lined up at the end to make it worthwhile. My treat was some of the ice cream snack I'd bought my wife the night before. Mmm, Dibs.

Tonight, I played softball with a team I'm on. We were vanquished, and so ends my softball career for the foreseeable future, due to impending responsibilities.

_________________________________________________

So, my silence is explained. I've just been too damned busy. Besides, have you seen the weather outside? Should a person really be blogging in weather like this? I'd almost rather mow the lawn, and that, my friends, is saying something.

By the way, it'll be another light weekend. I'm heading to Idaho for a wedding. Maybe I'll have a good story to tell when I get back.

Hasta la vista.

1 comment:

hannahhas said...

Missed you... glad that you're having fun...

Same church group I know you from?