So now there's scuttlebutt that the Utah Jazz may be drooling over Portland's Joel Przybilla. And now we're seeing that my old predictions of Przybilla and Jack to somebody may yet come true.
The proposal: Gordon Giricek and Ronnie Brewer for Przybilla and Sergio Rodriguez. That trade works, but does that make it the one we want? I don't see us parting with Sergio.
I also checked the trade using Martell Webster and Jarrett Jack instead of Sergio. Jack worked. Martell didn't.
Last time I checked, Ime Udoka was still shopping a contract. Could we work him into a sign and trade?
In the end, though this deal relieves some congestion in our bigs, I don't know how it helps us ultimately. We're stocked at SG with Brandon and Martell (and Fernandez in the wings, off in Europe) and though Brewer could do some work at the SF, I don't know if we need a 'tweener on the roster. But, if the team really is moving toward Sergio as our starting PG in a season or two, moving Jarrett makes sense, and this deal isn't really bad.
Your thoughts are, as always, welcome.
August 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment