Whatever.
It's one thing for Congress to prod into baseball. There, the only American game to be completely shielded from anti-trust laws was (at least tacitly) encouraging the use of drugs that are (and have long been) illegal to drive interest in particular players and the game in general, and as such was promoting a product that was wrong on many, many levels.
But with the NFL, and Spygate, we have one team using lawful measures (videotaping) to gain a competitive advantage, and the league stepping in and taking pretty extraordinary measures when it was investigated.
My guess is that Congress is trying to throw MLB a bone by drawing attention away from them, even as Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite are being grilled on Capitol Hill. It reeks of cronyism to me.
But, just to make my point, here are just a few things I'd like Congress to deal with before worrying about who videotapes who in professional football:
- The War(s) in the Mid-East
- Funding cures for cancer, AIDS, and a plethora of other diseases
- Adequately funding our educational institutions (and students)
- Forgiving my student loan debt
- Encouraging business to go green while still being profitable
- Interstate Bridge repair
- Expatriating OJ Simpson
- Finally, once-and-for-all annexing Canada
- Strengthening the dollar
- Making a world safe for my 2 year-old daughter.
Once Congress does something on each of these fronts, I'll entertain their notion that valuable time needs to be devoted to "Spygate." But unless and until there's some sort of satisfactory demonstration of why this is worthy of such devoted attention by the lawmakers of our nation, I'll just call it what it is.
Ridiculous.


1 comment:
I googled "Arlen Specter is
a boob" and came up with your site. He is trying to
"ruin" a great franchise
based on the fact that his
team the Eagles cannot win
on their own and he is mad
as hell. This is the height
of arrogance when a U.S.
Senator can't get his head
out of his ass long enough
to see that the country is
going to hell. I'm a Patriots fan and have been one since I was 10 years old. I am now 57 so that
tells you basically from
their inception I have watched this team lose,lose
and lose again. In 2001
this long-standing laughing-stock of the NFL
finally got over the hump.
The team did screw-up no doubt. But they were fined
heavily and paid the price
levied. Now this Idiot-buffoon who has nothing
at all better on his plate
is dragging this whole thing up again. And we are
helpless to do anything about it. I'm so sick of
politicians of all "ilks."
None of them have and honest bone in their over-stuffed pompous bodies!!
Doug A. Hole
Vermont
Post a Comment