Snow on the way?
According to weather.com, we may be getting snow on December 1st. Of course, what do the weathermen know?
At my house, we're anxiously awaiting snow. Why? Hmm. Why not?
This year, we got a new truck to suit our new daughter. Really, we were just trying to bring down our monthly payments.
Fact is, we got our last vehicle (a Mitsubishi Montero Sport) a little after I got my graduate degree, and due to various financial circumstances (my bad credit history, my wife's student status, etc.) we were able to get one of those 0 down, 0 interest, 0 payment deals (the only way we could spring a new car, but absolutely necessary given how the old one kept breaking down every month or so), but only after agreeing to heinous financial terms.
As baby approached, we traded in our $8,000 of negative equity and our 60k miles of maintenance-needing SUV for a lease on a Toyota Tundra (I wanted a Tacoma, but my wife consistently gets talked into the next best thing whenever I take her car shopping). Despite the considerable upgrade, we ended up paying $200 less per month.
The Montero's 4WD was busted. Had been for at least a year. Luckily, I was never asked about that at trade-in, and they never checked it. Now we have a fully-functional 4WD, and I'm looking forward to using it once the ice hits. I was very afraid of driving in last winter's freeze. Although I still fear winter driving to some extent in this town due to how Portlanders generally react to winter roads (the annual video on the news of cars spinning out of control and hitting everything in sight pops into mind), I shant let such things deter me from a quick spin once the snow starts falling.
Baby update:
Getting huge. She eats like a freakin' cow. I suppose, literally, that is correct, as she draws milk from an udder-like device (either the natural one, or one attached to a bottle), although she doesn't do the whole cud-chewing bit.
She also poops like a hero. I mean, as the book says, Everyone Poops. But not everyone does it with such explosive force, or with such uber-regularity. Truly, I doubt I could ever have been so bad (though both my wife's mom and my own both insist that our baby is entirely normal).
Christmas is coming!
Can't believe it. Where does the year go? Question: if my child is only two months old at Christmas-time, should I really worry about getting her a present? I've discussed this with my best friend, JLowe, who agreed with me that there was no such need, as my baby would be too young to realize I was shorting her, wouldn't appreciate whatever gift she received, and would be getting plenty of stuff from all of her relatives. Are we right, or are we tacky?
Let me know. I'm truly troubled by the entire issue.
War of the Worlds is now out on video. As hideous as Tom Cruise has been in the press this year, I still felt the need to rent the movie. So, since I still have 3 more hours left in tonight's shift, off I go to enjoy!
November 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
PS- I hate Tom Cruise.
Bleck.
I think you should get one gift... heck wrap something she hasn't used yet... so at least when she is older she has photos of her surrounded by gifts that and she won't remember anyway... BUT... definitely get her a "Baby's first Christmas" ornament... I think that is the only really important thing for her to have...
Chris,
All I can say about your Tundra and the snow: don't roll it.
Post a Comment