Geez, is this really my first post since April 6? Man, I suck.
Not even that much going on. I mean, there was some. But not enough to justify 12 days of silence (and, immediately before, several days of lame-ass non-blogging).
There has been a little to occupy my time.
The afore-mentioned fantasy baseball continues to nibble at my mind. I'm damn-near mediocre in both of my leagues (I'm in three, but only two that I actually think about, and only one to which I'm absolutely addicted), which (for my first year) isn't that bad. Of course, I have a friend in one of the leagues who's only even looked at his roster once since starting, and he's in 8th place (out of 10 teams), so maybe mediocre isn't that good after all...
Went out of state to an undisclosed location for a boondoggle. I would tell you more, but after going over a prior boondoggle on a prior blog and having a subsequent prior conversation with a person in charge which made the prior blog's prior boondoggle post a prior-post (uh, that means I ended up deleting it), I dare not say too much. I assure you that, first, if I'm ever in a position to share the past blog, it will be resurrected. And, second, I engaged in just as many embarassing and overly-drunken adventures on this boondoggle as on the last. I will say this: boondoggles in college towns are great. There's always a deal on beer somewhere. And if, like me and my chums, you are able to find, and win, a bar with a trivia contest, cheap beer becomes free beer mighty quick.
Also, tax time has come and gone. Like many of you, I sent a check to the IRS on Monday (waited 'til the very last second -- damn government's not making a dime of unjustified interest off of me!), and now I have to spend the rest of the month limping along financially so that no child gets left behind.
Whatever.
I have to say, with the sunnier weather comes a sunnier outlook on life. Now, if I could just lose the spare tire in time for summer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment