March 07, 2006

Joe D strikes again

So, my friend and former roommate Joe D once again invaded my home.

He flew in Friday. This was actually the consummation of a trip Joe started in September (scroll down to "Joe versus the Clock"), when my good, good friend so lazily managed to miss his plane.

Anyway, back to Friday. Joe flew into town early in the afternoon; early enough to have a chance to score some Burgerville and a quick nap before the fun began. Well, he got to nap. With baby around, sleep during the day comes at a premium.

Baby had been sick all night Wednesday, and my wife had spent much of the night up with her (since I had to work Thursday and she didn't). When Friday rolled around, my wife was tuckered, as was the kid, so Joe and I ended up going sans-Missus to the Portland City Grill to meet JLowe and his wife for happy hour.

Impressive view. Nice appetizers. Full, full bar. Our friend Laura wasn't kidding when she told us to get there at 4pm to make sure we got a seat.

After, my wife rallied and we all went to JLowe's to watch the first season of Entourage, currently Joe's favorite show, while scarfing down Caro Amico pizza and drinking Drop Top. Nice time had by all.

Saturday was shopping for the ladies (that is, Joe and the wives) while I hung out with baby and JLowe did some work on his money pit. Later, it was dinner at Morton's, capped off by dessert at Pix Patisserie and more Entourage at my place.

Sunday was sleep-in day. We got up and had breakfast at Roux (fabulous food, by the way, though the service didn't impress) and chased that with video games and beer. Sunday night was spent watching Lords of Dogtown, which I missed most of while cajolling the kid to sleep.

Monday, Joe flew away.

A whirlwind trip, but entirely too much fun. Each time Joe comes to see us, I find myself wishing a little more that he'd stop enjoying California long enough to move back (much like the soon-to-be-renamed OC Girl is finally doing...). But, I suppose once he got here I'd be thinking of how great it was when his visits were spread out.

Either way, good times. Thanks for coming, JD.

1 comment:

hannahhas said...

I'd like to say that I am the one who suggested Portland City Grill to JD... but whatev...

Glad that you all had a great time.